Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tonight God gave us the stars in the sky and in the sand..

This weekend I went to the place where the Volta river met the ocean. We sailed in canoes up the river stood at the estuary and marveled at how incredible the world is. In the evening the sand shimmered like a trillion stars and got caught in the waves which crashed over us, causing our skin to sparkle and pulling us heart mind and body into the sea.

The next day I climbed up Krobo mountain. Two kids lead us up- scampering up an almost vertical rock wall and leading us through bushes until we got to the top and looked over the vallies, and maveled at how incredible this world is.

When we got down there was a church service going on, in a little palm-leaf hut in the sun, filled with people who had started singing, lifting their hands to the heavens, before we even begun our accent. It was the best thing I have ever seen.

Today I sat at my desk listening to history and development and wondering when lunch was. Sometimes I don't believe these things exist in the same world.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment