Friday, September 4, 2009

Beatiful.

I live in a beautiful place. The roads are red- my favorite colour red to paint with at home, that deep, dark colour that you want to dive into, the colour that covers everything it touches with richness. I am studying on campus- right now learning the local language and starting classes next week. I am staying about a 40 minute walk away with a beautiful family full of love and joy and amazing food. There are 8 kids living with me, two women one baby and a grandma that is packed full of the most love you have ever met. When I was late comming home, she danced when she saw my roomate and I, and covers us with hugs whenever we enter the room.

Last night I sat on the balcony with my roomate, Andy, and we talked late into the night under the beautiful sky.

In the morning our neighbor charles walks us to the cab stand, where we climb in crowded tiny taxis to go to schoo- for 40 cents- in the crowded market place with stalls and fires and cars and people stuffed everywhere.

Sometimes I stop and think THIS IS WHERE PEOPLE LIVE!!! wow.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, I love your blog - it makes me feel close to you even though you are so very far away - please thank your Ghanaian family (and Charles) for taking care of our girl - love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you describe your red, I think of your room and the vibrance that it emits - the you it glows. Love can be found in small places, behind smiles and under trees. Look and you will always find it. Don't look and it may find you. It is one of the many blessings of humanity and of this world. It is a universal language. So how do you say love in the local language?
    FEFAFL, Mummy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete