Monday, September 14, 2009

Fun with the fam

Yesterday, I asked my little brother Larry if he liked to draw, he told me he liked to draw cars and prodeeded to show me his drawings. He's wicked good at sketching, but I almost lost it when he showed me a picture of a car called 'sexi ride'

Later, when I was asking my older sister what was the purpose of women wearing scarves over there heads she said "oh, that is just for ugly people, there hair is not nice like this, its all disorganized, so they wear a scarf because they are ugly. Why, did you want one?" She is bringing me home some tomorrow to try on.

Then at church, I was made to stand up as the pastor told the congregation that he would like to welcome the white girls that are here today

The little baby in my family has only smiled twice when she sees me. Usually she cries and hides behind her mother, but im working on it! (hard)

I found out my Ghanain name is Yaa (people here are named after days of the week) This is the least attractive sounding of all the names for the days of the week.

4 comments:

  1. Well if your name is not attractive Yaa, at least your hair is. Jenn, you understand why Muslims wear a head scarf. I really hope you do not go down that road. The Bible talks about not being fooled by ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks like you are having a wonderful time and experiencing a lot of new things. I look forward to reading more.
    You are missed
    Ryan Clark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn
    I just started to read your blog and i am greatly surprised with your comments about Scarfs or Hijab for Muslim womens, You have been said that Ugly women having scarf because they are disorganized and not having pretty hairs like..., Scarf(Hijab) is the value for Muslim womens which will help them to protect them selves from dirty and contaminated looks of temptated mens. Alos have been strongly recommended by our Prophet. Furthurmore, If Hijab is indicating the ugly people, therefore Animals are most liberated and beautiful people of this world because they do not have any kind of cover.

    ReplyDelete