Saturday, February 20, 2010

Traveling!

Yesterday I painted a wall while teaching a kid how to read. We learned a song about vowels while paint was splattering ALL OVER my face and arms and new second hand jeans but I didn't really care even though all the other kids were looking at me like I was crazy. I told them I was going to Accra for 2 weeks but when I came back we were going to make a mural on that wall about human rights so they should pick one and figure out how they want to draw it.

Then I met my friend in the lorry park and we drank warm coke before I boarded a bus to Accra and drove ALL NIGHT and barely slept except for when I got in at 4:30 in the morning and had no idea where I was so passed out on a wooden bench until the sun came up in a firey red ball over the industrial park so I could get my barrings.

Today I am going to spend and AWESOME weekend on the beach by myself reading, catching up on journaling and going through the two packages that are waiting for me in the post office at circle, that I am probably going to have to beg for because I don't have the package slips. I am also going to church on the beach, which will be beautiful.

Then I am going to come and pick my mum up from the airport, and on Monday we are going to go on an extravagant vacation to the Volta region, Akosombo, Busuea Beach and Axim. Also I am turning 21 on tuesday, which will be sweet.

Update on my life so far. I have a month left of my placement before I start prepping to come home. See you soon!

Jenn x

1 comment:

  1. Prepping to come home?!?!?! WHHHHHAAATTTT. Where did this year go?! LOVE YOU and can't wait to have you back.

    ReplyDelete