Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today I...

Got to sit down with 5 amazing past benneficiaries of my awsome NGO- Youth Alive http://www.youthaliveghana.org/- and design an interactive peer mentorship program with them!

That means...
(1) these fantastic, successful older influences who used to be on the streets themselves will get to encourage and support young people on a weekly basis in their own cultural context for the comitted period of at least one year

(2) it will be a sustainable program that doesnt have a hint of outside forgien ideas

(3) these kids lives will be changed forever in a great way!

This makes me so unbelievably happy- because these kids need support thats not just comming from random white 'vollunteers' that come in for a couple months and then leave them! I don't even mind that i sat in the office waiting for the whole morning since 7:45 waiting for the meeting to start or that i was at the office all day until past dark yesterday teaching because I KNOW that at least my work will be lasting and benneficial and that is AWSOME! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment