Friday, October 23, 2009

Count your blessing.

Some things that I am grateful for...
1. The morning sun coming through my window
2. Little kids screaming their heads off and running after me just to say good morning or hold my hand walking down the street
3. That even when its boiling hot and a million degrees, Grandma still makes me coffee every morning.
4. A strong and able body
5. A beautiful (and attractive!) loving family
6. The local Church
7. Staying up late and watching the stars come out; thinking of wondering exciting things as I watch them. Sunsets and sunrises too.
8. That the ocean has waves to play in.
9. Journaling. Coffee-shop talks and long, late night conversations.
10. That I have been given eyes to see so many things that are so beautiful in this world.
11. Every single breath I breathe.
12. Chocolate. And Chocolate cake. And Chocolate Ice cream. And Coco beans.
13. Clean and fresh flowing water
14. That I can be crammed all sweaty in the back of a car with 20 other people in a congested city and still get where I’m going relatively on time
15. Education.
16. That I know 4 seasons and have seen the snow. Tobogganing (it’s freeing)
17. That I can stand on the top of a mountain and look over all creation and know that God is good.
18. That my Grandparents are still alive, and love me
19. Having adventures. That the world can be a play ground.
20. That I have amazing friends who do beautiful things. I have awesome Christian fellowship. I have people to love, people to pray for, and people to pray for me.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jen. I am so encouraged by your strength and by your faith, and by your joy!! Thanks for challenging me to be thankful for everything that I have. I will continue to be praying for you, and am so thankful that you pray for me also.
    I love and miss you a LOT.
    <3 abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey the fam made it after coffee but BEFORE chocoate.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen! I'm so happy for you! You sound like your having the greatest time of your life! I especially like this post- It made me think about my own life and what I'm grateful for. Keep it up!

    Hans

    ReplyDelete