Monday, November 30, 2009

West Mamprusi

This is where I am currently- an hour and a half drive away from Tamale, up dirt roads and into a small district where my objective for the next 3 days is to assess water and sanitation in the communities of Walewale and Kukoa. I have mixed feelings about this.

One, this experience is purely educational, so besides offering a short report of my findings I am not actually DOING anything to be benneficial to these communities I am interegating.

Two, I am not staying long, interviewing various NGOs, the district assembly and the community, a mixed group of individuals who have to get their water from boreholes and hand dug wells- and I am just waltzing in to talk to them about it? wierd.

But Third, it will deffinately open my eyes. Big time. And maybe equipt me to understand more and thus, do something about it in the future.

Anyways it it beautiful (although very dry and dusty up here). I hope you are all well in the encrouching winter temperatures as I enjoy brutal sunshine in the dry Savannah landscape.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment